Friday, August 20, 2010

Exhausting.

So we did it.
We finally did it.

We popped the cork, and we perused the interwebs. And made our profiles.

And wow.
that was exhausting.

Here are our observations:
  • Putting it all out there can be DRAINING. And having one roommate breathing down our necks and saying things like "yeah, put twilight in there- that's FUNNY" was a reeeeaaal help.
  • It is OVERWHELMING. Everyone's profile seems vaguely the same- and they are in two buckets. Seemingly cocky, and seemingly psychotically depressed and lonely.
  • Champagne doesn't make us answer the questions LESS sarcastically.
Overall, its a lot to take in. If this is the way that our generation has set up the dating standard, we have really done ourselves a disservice.

As for the actual men, I chatted with one. He was in my "quiver". Yes I'm serious. That's a term they have. It was funny, because as we chatted, he mentioned that the people in his "quiver" were usually duds. I didn't have the heart to inform him that he himself was also in fact, a dud.

And another thing. We've ruined them. If I read about one more douchecanoe who likes to go the farmer's market or could make me a cup of tea, (*Brits excluded- CHEERS LADS) I'm going to throw a tampon at them all. For serious. The pussification of American men is nearly complete.

AHHHHH It just got worth it. I found one of my friends. And apparently, he likes rough sex. And thought it fitting to share this with the internet.

NYEEEEEEEEEH FOUND YOU.

and now, I'll tease him mercilessly.

Which is what dating on the interwebs is all about.
Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment