Thursday, August 12, 2010

Butterflies and Bubbly

There is currently a bottle of California Champagne chilling in our fridge.
It's a gift from a wedding I attended last month, green and blue ribbons still tied around the neck of the bottle.
It serves a greater purpose now.
It's the champagne we'll be drinking for some liquid courage as we create our internet dating profiles.
You heard me.
We're trying okcupid.com.
We've eached tried a dating site before, (I tried match.com and Mo found a Catholic one.)
We only had mild success.

I, (Maggie,) created a profile while drunk on some fateful Friday evening when I had had enough. I thought that once I caved and signed up for online dating, despite all of my reservations, that I would love it. I was wrong. I resented every stinking moment of it. Every message from some 50 year old soured me more and more to the idea. And having to pay for it didn't sit too well with me.

Mo signed up for a Catholic one while she was in Washington State because she found a really hot British guy on there, (I mean who wouldn't.)

But now, the dynamic duo is together again in the same town, and we've discovered something: we still want boyfriends. (Just someone to snuggle with and get a beer with, for pete's sake.) So now, we're combining our yearning for companionship, our adventurous natures, and our oft-abused love for a good story to tell on the ultimate quest: romance on the interwebs.

We'll chronicle all of tales here.

All of the awkwardness, missteps, awesome dates, stolen kisses and near misses.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment